Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update on Aden

Aden seems to be doing somewhat better today. He still has the chest rattling and some of the broken breathing, but it is much better than Tuesday and Wednesday. I called Cooper Clinic Pediatrics this morning and they will NOT do second opinions. This is very frustrating to me because I'm not sure what options that leaves us if the breathing issues start up again. Change doctors? General family practitioner? Take him to a walk-in? I have been told that the newer River Valley walk-in is very good. It may very well just be allergies, but there are allergy related condions that concern me as well (ie. bronchitis stemming from allergies and allergy-induced asthma). Oh, and our current pediatrician is Dr. Cheshier. We have been happy with him, but Aden is normally a pretty healthy kid too.

I'm officially 38 weeks as of tomorrow and will begin my leave on Monday. My swelling has definitely gotten worse. Our next OB appointment is Tuesday, so we will see if I have progressed any more by then. James starts his finals tomorrow and he has 6! The last two are next Thursday, so baby needs to hold off at least until then.

2 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

I am sorry to hear that Aden hasn't been feeling well. My sweet Jade has had breathing issues since she was 6 months old because she got RSV. It was scary but we have just had to deal with the breathing treatments and all that other stuff since then. We are seeking a new pediatrician too. Ours is leaving so we have to find a new one!

Anonymous said...

Hope Aden gets to feeling better. I took Tatum to Dr. Cheshier as well and we had the same issues with him. I loved him but he is very anti-antibiotics etc. and pretty much a by the book Dr. Hope you are feeling and doing well and you have a happy healthy baby girl!