Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catching Up!

We have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to catch up on the blog.

Montessori had 3 caroling events for the kids last week, but we only attended one, which was at Chick-fil-A. It was "Spirit Night" and the kiddos sang Christmas carols. They even did Feliz Navidad completely in Spanish, which was pretty impressive (of course this didn't include the tots class). A percentage of the food sales were donated to the school during the event, so we had a quick dinner there as well.

I made my first tutu! It is a little Christmas gift for our niece, Mackenzie. Overall, I think that it turned out well considering that I had no clue what I was doing. And poor Aden had to try it on for measuring purposes (he and Mackenzie are close to the same height anyway). =)

I have been fighting the insanity of the last minute shopping. I think that I am almost finished!!! Sunday we had a Christmas lunch at our house for my inlaws that we will not see on Christmas and following that, Aden's birthday party was at Chuck E Cheese. We had a really good turn out. I can't believe that he is already 2! Time goes by so fast.

Yesterday, Aden had his 2 year well check with Dr. Cheshier. He's 31 lbs. and 36 inches tall. Three Feet tall seems really tall to me for his age; the nurse said that he is in the 90th percentile.

And today...is our big day to have the ultrasound. I can hardly wait! After work last night, James said that he wants to have the ultrasound tech write down the gender on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. He wants to wait until Christmas to open it! I'm a very impatient person and just don't think I want to wait. I have waited long enough, right? Anyway, I may look and just let him find out on Christmas! We will see.

Here are a few pictures. I didn't get any good pictures from Aden's birthday party because I conveniently forgot to delete old pictures from the memory card so we ran out of space. James did take a few with my MIL's camera, so maybe those will turn out.


My first tutu


Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A


Cousin Mackenzie and Chuck E.


A shot of the birthday table

No comments: