Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Day Weekend...

We had a very sad Valentine's day. My grandmother, who was 85 years old, passed away Saturday evening. She was like a second mother to me. I will remember her for her strength, her witty character, and dry sense of humor. We will miss her dearly and she will always hold a special place in my heart.

On a happier note, several things occured last week that I wanted to blog about. First, I want to say Congratulations to one of my best friends, Miranda, on her recent engagement. She and her finance, Sean, have been together 4 years. I am so happy for them. Her ring is absolutely gorgeous! The picture below doesn't begin to show how pretty it is.


Friday, Aden had his Valentine's day party at Montessori. I briefly stopped by the school and snapped a few pictures. They were working on a Valentine's day craft.


Aden showing me his finished product backwards. =) Every time that Aden is aware of my picture taking, I get this same cheesy face (squinted eyes and all).


Friday evening Aden had a patriotic-themed school program. The tots only participated in one song, "Yankee Doodle", but it was just really cute. We were so proud of him marching around the stage and holding his little flag!

Aden and one of his tot teachers, Mrs. Barrie


Aden's tot class

No comments: