Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday James!

Today is my hubby's 28th birthday. He had to work tonight, so we did a little mini-celebration last night with dinner at the house and a cookie cake. James wanted to go to the horse races in Hot Springs for his birthday, so we are leaving in the morning. It will be a nice little break for us and Aden will get to spend some time with his mimi and nana.







Aden has been doing very well. We received a progress report today from his toddler teacher at Montessori. Here it is:

James and Kelly;

I just wanted to update you on Aden's progress at school. He is very
social and loves being with the other kids. I just had a student add
Friday to her schedule, and he welcomed her with open arms. He is a very
loving young man. He has begun choosing his own work with more regularity,
and I very seldom have to suggest that he find a work. He is getting much
better at putting puzzles together. One of his favorite works is stringing
beads, and he LOVES books!

A few of the things I am working with Aden on is putting away his works
when he is finished with them. He has also been saying, "No," and "Can't"
quite often. I am trying to discourage those words and give him better
phrases to use instead of, "Can't" ("This is too hard for me, will you
help?").

I really enjoy Aden. He brightens my day when I see his happy little face.

3 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

Happy Birthday James!!
I am so glad that Aden is doing so well!! He is a sweet heart for sure!! I am sure he will be such a good big brother!!

Sarah and Brad said...

Happy Bday to James!

What a neat note from Aden's teacher. She must love her job and her students...it definitely shows in her words. That must be such peace of mind to know he is having such great experiences and guidance at school.

Hope y'all won a bunch at the races. We're going Valentine's
Wknd. Romantic, huh?

Unknown said...

I am a flash game developer. Visit our GamesBx.Com site to play the best and fun games. All are free and there are no popup ads. Visit My Site : Games Bx