Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week in Review...


Well, I will start off my saying that my paternal grandmother, who is 85, was rushed to the ER this past Friday morning. She fell and hit her head sometime early Friday morning and was not found until some hours later. She lost alot of blood and was in critical condition in ICU, but is now doing much better and may even get to go to a regular room soon! Please keep her in your prayers. She is truly one of the strongest people I know. A very special thanks to Linsey, Miranda, and Aden's nana for watching him this weekend while we were away at the hospital!



Happy Belated Birthday Mackenzie!!! Our niece, Mackenzie, turned 3 on Tuesday. They grow up so fast! Tomorrow after work, we are heading to Russellville for her Minnie Mouse themed birthday party. Aden can't stop talking about going to Mackenzie's party (although he doesn't quite understand yet why every party is not at Chuck E Cheese).

Welcome Baby Owen! - My friend Sabrina from my mom's group had her baby boy yesterday. They started giving her pitocin at 9am yesterday and she delivered him at 12:49, so she had a relatively short labor. Congratulations!


And so the shopping begins!
I have already started shopping for our new baby girl. There is so much cute girl stuff! I can forsee this becoming a serious problem. I am working on designing the nursery. At this point, I have decided on light pink and cream toile. I am going to have a chair rail put up in new baby's room and we are ordering custom bedding from a lady in Greenwood. Aden is going to move into a "big boy" room that we are going to decorate in a nautical theme, complete with a boat bed. More to come on the rooms soon.

And no, we haven't decided on a name yet. We can't seem to agree on much. This is definitely harder than I thought it would be.

A few of my choices are:

-Katelynn Mackenna
-Addison Isabella or Addison Elizabeth
-Kennedy Addison

We both kind of like Adelynn Elizabeth, but I have been warned that she would be called "Addy" for a nickname and I really don't like that. James loves Ava (which I also like). I think Ava Claire is cute, but James doesn't like Claire. Ella is cute too. So, you see, it has been a lot of fun so far.

*Here are a few of my shopping finds:




That's it for now. Hope everyone is staying warm!

2 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Cute, cute!!

Can't wait to see how the nursery turns out...so fun!

April said...

If you want my opinion on the name I love the name Addison I would love to change Destiny"s name to that but she will be to old but I love Addison Elizbeth!