Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Planning Aden's New Bedroom

Well, I have a gazillion projects going on at the house. This weekend we are getting our new laminate floors in the living room and hallway. I'm looking forward to see how it looks! I'm also in the process of organizing, clearing out the office for Aden's new "big boy" room and designing the nursery for our little princess-to-be.

I have decided to go with a nautical theme for Aden's new room. We're skipping the toddler bed and going straight to a twin. Hopefully, that will work out okay. I wanted to do something fun for him. I found a boat bed on pottery barn kids, but it is over a grand, so we are going to order the JC Penney version. Here are a few pictures:


JCP Boat bed and coordinating nightstand and chest. I will also be ordering the nautical mirror and prints.
Lighthouse corner bookshelf
Closer look at the nautical prints

I'm debating adding a chair rail and painting half of the wall a blue color. We may just leave them neutral (tan).

2 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

We skipped the toddler bed with Jade. I felt like it was a waste! It worked out just fine for us! I like the new ideas! I think a chair rail with half of the walls blue would be super cute but then you have decide if you want to do all that work! I hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

This kind of furniture is best for kids...